Sony Pictures, the studio behind Tarantino’s latest feature, announced the movie will be re-released with 10 minutes of additional footage, including four new scenes. The lengthier version of “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood,” which already clocked in at two hours and 41 minutes, will hit 1,000 North American locations starting on Oct. 25.
“Audiences have shown tremendous support for this movie, and we look forward to offering them another opportunity to see the film as it’s meant to be seen — in theaters on the big screen — with more sights and sounds of the sixties from Quentin Tarantino as an added treat,” Adrian Smith, Sony’s president of domestic distribution, said in a statement.
The news comes following Tarantino’s announcement that he would not re-cut the movie to appease Chinese censors, putting its Oct. 25 debut in that territory “on hold.” Exhibitors say China was displeased with the movie’s portrayal of Bruce Lee.
Even without a China release, “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” is already Tarantino’s second-highest grossing movie ever behind “Django Unchained” ($425 million). So far, the R-rated film has earned $139 million in North America and $228 million overseas from a $90 million budget.
• x048 Candids 2019
• x014 September 24 – Lunch of Breitling watches – Los Angeles, CA
• x027 August 29 – Ad Astra (photo call) – Venice, Italy
• x002 August 29 – Ad Astra (portrait) – Venice, Italy
• x016 September 12 – Ad Astra (premiere) – Tokyo, Japan
• x007 September 16 – Ad Astra (screening) – Washington DC, WA
• x009 September 18 – Ad Astra (press conference) – Los Angeles, CA
• x047 August 12 – Once Upon a Time in Hollywood – Mexico City, Mexico
• x041 August 29 – Ad Astra – Venice, Italy
PS. For all the september news, check the SB Forum please.
Brad Pitt doesn’t do a lot of commercials. Remember the ill-fated Chanel ad, which some referred to as “the smell of disaster” back in 2012?
With that campaign now but a distant memory, French bank Boursorama and agency Buzzman have got the superstar actor back in front of an ad world camera with one caveat: he doesn’t actually speak in the film. Whether Pitt on mute is for comedic effect or the actor simply playing it safe, we don’t actually know – but the concept makes for a fun piece of ad work with Pitt a pleasure to watch.
At first, you might think there is a problem with your audio, but no, while the rest of the world around him is abuzz, some even asking about the camera following him around, Pitt is completely muted during the one-minute spot.
• x006 Boursorama – Promo 2019
• x019 Photoshoots
• x012 Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Stills & Promotional Photoshoots)
• x020 Television (The Today Show, Ellen, Good Morning America & Jimmy Kimmel)
• x010 Magazines (Covers 2019)
• x018 Ad Astra (Behind the Scenes, Promo & Stills)
• x006 September 16 – Space Operations Center at NASA Headquarters – Washington, WA
• x007 September 16 – NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
PS. He sure has been busy and with that – keeping me and other BP fansites busy. But I am enjoying these updates. More soon!
Ellen recently welcomed kid reporter Jaden Jefferson to the show, and not only did he impress her with his skills, he awed another guest on the episode… Brad Pitt! The Hollywood icon even requested to sit down with Jaden for a very special interview! – September 20, 2019.
Brad Pitt sat down with Cathy Kelley to talk about his new film, “Ad Astra,” and revealed whether or not he’d be up for stepping into the ring at a WWE event. – September 20, 2019