While many people might find it challenging to work alongside their spouse, for Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Pitt, the arrangement seems to suit them just fine.
In the winter issue of V magazine – which PEOPLE debuted the cover of in the current issue – Pitt, 51, opened up about what it was like being directed by his wife on their upcoming film, By the Sea.
“It’s surprising how much I enjoy the direction of my wife,” he admitted.
When Jolie Pitt, 40, first presented him with the idea of making the film together, he said it was an easy decision to reunite with his wife onscreen for the first time in 10 years. (The two first costarred in 2005’s Mr. & Mrs. Smith.)
“I trust her with my life,” he said.
In fact, Pitt quite enjoys seeing his wife in a position of power.
“She’s decisive, incredibly intuitive, knife-sharp and, might I say, sexy at her post,” he said.
Brad Pitt is only getting more handsome with age.
The 51-year-old actor recently posed for the cover of V magazine**, showing off his legendary good looks. He also bears a striking resemblance to the iconic Robert Redford in the new photos, who he memorably worked with on 2001’s Spy Game.
Inside the magazine, Brad works a ’70s vibe, and it’s safe to say that he completely pulls it off.
The By the Sea star opens up about his highly anticipated new romance drama in the accompanying interview, and what it was like being directed by his wife, 40-year-old Angelina Jolie. Brad and Angelina play a married couple in the film — set in mid-1970s France — who experience some heavy ups and downs in their relationship.
“It’s surprising how much I enjoy the direction of my wife,” Brad says. “She’s decisive, incredibly intuitive, and might I say sexy at her post. I trust her with my life.”
The two memorably worked together on 2005’s Mr. & Mrs. Smith, but he makes it clear that their latest project together couldn’t be more different.
“Mr. & Mrs. Smith this is not,” he stresses. “By the Sea deals with that period when the honeymoon is well over and the couple is faced with the banality of every day and the pains of the unplanned. There are no Hallmark cards that define the next chapter, or the value of a history together. So who are you?”
• x079 June 06 – LAX Airport – Los Angeles, CA.
• x007 June 07 – Charles de Gaulles Airport – Paris, France.
• x001 May 19 – Neil Diamond concert – Los Angeles, CA.
• x002 May 20, 2009 – Inglourious Basterds (Photocall) – Cannes, France.
• x006 May 26 – LAX Airport – Los Angeles, CA.
• x005 May 26 – Los Angeles, CA.
• x006 May 26 – Whitney Museum of American Art – New York City, NY.
• x005 May 31 – Los Angeles, CA.
• x005 Encounters – Brad and?.
• x001 Tree of Life – Stills.
• x005 August 17, 2011 – ?.
• x001 Photoshoots – Set 180.
Thanks also Vaska!
PS. I’m sorry for the delay in updates, my heart is still with SB but life happens, in a good way =) I try hard to keep up with the news. Will work on subpages as well. Keep you updated. I also had some bills to pay concerning SB, if you are able to contribute, please do. I make no profit with this site nor is that my goal. Cheers, your webmiss J.
• x022 The Big Short – On set (04/10/15).
• x023 January 24 – Producers Guild Awards – Los Angeles, CA.
• x007 February 16 – ASC Awards – Los Angeles, CA.
• x007 Photoshoots (#138 & #205).