August 3, 2010
by admin / tree of life

It looks like no major film festivals are getting the trio of Terrence Malick, Brad Pitt and Sean Penn to appear on their red carpet this year. Following the initial Venice and TIFF lineup announcements made last week, and given the absence of Terrence Malick’s highly anticipated “The Tree Of Life” from either festival’s schedule, it’s not surprising to learn that the wait for the film will continue.

TIFF co-director Cameron Bailey spoke to the Toronto Star and revealed that though the festival tried very hard to secure the film, “none of us really expects that to happen at this point.”

Bailey continues, “It would be a lovely surprise, but we’re not holding our breath. We know he’s definitely still working on the film, and he’s tired of being pushed by people. We’ve backed off and Venice has backed off.”

Read more.

July 30, 2010
by admin / Rumored Project

Robert Duvall has revealed he will only appear in a film about two famous feuding American families if Brad Pitt does.

The 79-year-old star of Get Low has revealed Eric Roth has written an excellent script about the Hatfield/McCoy feud and Crazy Heart director Scott Cooper has met with Brad about making the film for Warner Bros.

Robert said he will be on board the project “if Brad Pitt will say yes”.

The dedicated acting veteran revealed: “I don’t work as much as I want. My career is still going great, maybe as good as ever.”

But Brad has recently shaved off his Hatfield and McCoy style beard, which he claimed he had grown out of boredom, to begin filming new baseball move Moneyball.

Read more.

July 30, 2010
by admin / moneyball

Five hours of waiting, being herded like cattle, and occasionally cheering at a fake baseball game was getting old.

Scores of “Moneyball” extras at the Oakland Coliseum were chilled, fatigued and skeptical about the promise of Hollywood glamour, not to mention irritated about Chex Mix qualifying as “snacks.”

Then he appeared.

At first he resembled another film production guy, walking from the third-base dugout Tuesday toward a group trying to set up a shot of a game that took place eight years ago. The man in the gray pullover, beige pants and wool hat turned to the crowd, displaying the profile that has launched a million tabloids. A woman screamed. Idle chatter vanished.

Someone dropped a cup of Chex Mix.

The Talent had arrived.

While Brad Pitt nonchalantly strolled toward the production crew about 9:30 p.m., the cameras people were forbidden to bring emerged. A couple of hurried, official-looking men moved through the stands, firmly reminding the seated extras that pictures were a no-no.

Read more.

July 24, 2010
by admin / Megamind

While speculation was swirling that Brangelina were planning to make an appearance at the Comic Con Convention in San Diego this week, it turned out that Pitt left it to his co-stars Tina Fey and Will Ferrell to promote their upcoming Dreamworks animation, “Megamind” on Thursday.

The 46-year-old actor (and internationally-renowned heartthrob) lent his voice to play the role of Metro Mind, a superhero propelled to battle it out against supervillian Megamind in the highly-anticipated, highly satirical family flick.

And according to director Tom McGrath, Pitt channeled his inner Elvis to play the smooth and swanky role.

“When he approached this character, it was like playing off as Elvis Presley to ‘Metroman’ Alice Cooper – Will (Ferrell’s) character,” McGrath told Fox 411’s Pop Tarts. “(Pitt) grabbed onto that, ran with it and played with it. He’s such a physical actor.”

Read more.

July 24, 2010
by admin / Megamind

*Contains Spoilers*

July 22, 2010

Hollywood couple Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie accepted an undisclosed amount of damages on Thursday after suing a British tabloid newspaper which had claimed they were separating.
In January, the News of the World reported the couple planned to part and had agreed on custody of their six children and the division of their assets estimated by the newspaper to be 205 million pounds ($310 million).
The couple said the claims were false and demanded a retraction of the story and an apology.
Solicitor-advocate Keith Schilling told the High Court in London that News Group Newspapers now accepted that each of the allegations was “false and intrusive,” the Press Association reported.
The newspaper agreed to publish an apology and pay the couple costs and damages, which they intend to donate to their charity the Jolie-Pitt Foundation.

Read more.