“We got sunshine in the west, the south, the east and over here in the north, the ice caps are melting.”
One of late-night television’s most unusual partnerships returned Tuesday, when Brad Pitt suited up once again to play The Jim Jefferies Show’s doom-forecasting weatherman.
Satirically purporting to give a weather forecast for basketball season, Pitt started off his segment with a “joke” that was actually a morbid observation on climate change. “I was hanging out with LeBron James and he said, ‘How’s the weather down there?’ Because he’s tall. And I said, ‘The same as it is up there — changing at a pace not before seen in the history of man. Your legacy is pointless. Our people and our memories will all burn.'”
After host Jim Jefferies became exasperated with his depressing colleague and asked him to give an actual forecast, Pitt’s forecaster responded, “We got sunshine in the west, the south, the east and over here in the north, the ice caps are melting. And I am so, so, so, so scared.”
“Brad Pitt was one of the nicest guys, hands down,” Miller remembered. “And for years afterward, even after ‘Thelma and Louise,’ even after he had really started to blow up, although he wasn’t Brangelina at that point, I’d run into him at the store.”
“We ran into each other multiple times and I didn’t want to bother him,” he continued. “I wouldn’t go approach him. And generally if he saw me, he’d yell out across the store ‘Jeremy!’ He’d come over and give a big hug and say hi and ask how we’ve been doing and we’d reminisce and he’d ask about you guys. It was just really nice that he was such a warm guy.”
Gold recalled, “He really did feel like a Midwest nice guy. And I kind of remember when we came for the table read, the next day, he sent muffins and thank-you notes to everybody for having a great time that week.”
PS. The SB Forum has been upgraded. Also, all inactive (never visited or not visited for over a year) have been deleted. This leaves a small bunch, but that doesn’t matter to me. Feel free to join our little Brad community, registration is quick and easy. You are all welcome!
• x006 November 17 – Hollywood, CA.
• x015 Ad Astra On set: Los Angeles, CA (10/26/17).
• x001 Ad Astra Other.
• x015 July 22 – FYF Fest, Los Angeles, CA.
• x002 The Late Show w/ Stephen Colbert.
• x008 November 29 – MIT Media Lab – Boston, MA.
• x003 December 01 – OptiMystic: A Pop Up Gallery Exhibit.
• x006 December 02 – Chris Rock Blackout Tour – Los Angeles, CA.
Thanks also Vaska! Lots more soon!
• x037 Allied – Stills & On set.
• x034 DVD Features – In the Tranches: Casting.
• x001 War Machine – Stills.
• x003 Fury – Stills & On set/Other.
• x001 Young Brad – Curriculum Vitae.
• x001 Photoshoots – Set 228.
• x003 By the Sea – Stills.
• x001 Photoshoots – Set 66.
• x001 Television 1998.
Thanks also Vaska & 100%BP!